Job Title: Field Crew
Reports To: Field Operations Coordinator
Pay Grade: Entry Level
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Field Crew job is a support position. The purpose of this position is to help with the unloading, layout, installing, dismantling, counting, packaging, and loading of the type of rental equipment that has been assigned to your department. You will be assisting more experienced Supervisors. In a support level position, you will be assisting with the different stages that occur during the unloading, layout, installing, dismantling, counting, packaging, and loading processes.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and abilities along with other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions in the class perform all the duties listed, nor does it list all possible duties that may be assigned.
Working in the field for extended periods of time while standing, lifting, and walking. This may require working more than 12 hours per day.
- Ability to work early mornings/late evenings for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks on job sites
- Assist with laying out and measuring to ensure that equipment fits correctly
- Hand carrying equipment long distances from the truck location to the job site location
- Assist with building wood, plastic modular, and engineered floors of various heights
- Assist with installing/dismantling of tents, raising arches by both hand and by tent jack
- Use of ladders up to 21’ tall and arial work up to 50’ high
- Pounding of tent stakes up to 5’ into the ground through use of both sledge hammers and pneumatic hammers
- Assist with maintaining a clean job site throughout the day
- Adhere to all company, governmental, and equipment related safety requirements
- Effectively communicate equipment issues with supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assist with processing of all department equipment to ensure proper working condition at the job site
- Assist with safety inspections on equipment and maintain a safe job site environment
- Assist with counting and inventorying equipment upon shipping and receiving to prevent return trips and missing items
- Have a high regard for equipment handling to not damage the rental items during the load/unload, and installation/dismantle processes
- Advise supervisor and provide written reports regarding potential safety and equipment hazards
- Wear all personal safety equipment including safety glasses when necessary
- Assist with cleaning up of job sites and vehicles each day
Work within different crews in the warehouse, and coordinating with crew leaders, project managers department heads, direct supervisor, and upper management to include but not be limited to:
- Assist with the pulling, preparation, loading, unloading, receiving, maintenance, and storage of all inventory items within your department including, but not limited to:
- Tenting frame, fabric, connecting parts and fastening hardware
- Tenting doors, windows, walls, HVAC connections,
- Flooring, scaffolding, stage decking, dance floors, and floor coverings
- Bleachers, stairs, rails, and bleacher chairs
- Furniture, tables, chairs, table covers, and chair cushions
- Lighting, chandeliers, fans, heaters, fire safety kits,
- Tools, fasteners, and other items required for equipment installation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- General use of tools and power tools to include and cleanup supplies:
- Drills, saws, sanders, stake drivers, sledge hammers, screwdrivers, hammers, paintbrushes, air compressors, box cutters, wrenches, pliers, push brooms, and various other tools
Education And/ Or Experience
- High school diploma preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
The job specifications described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to understand verbal English
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus
- Mathematical Skills
- Basic math a plus
- Ability to use a tape measure a plus
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to apply reasonable judgement at all times in order to follow safety policies and protocol.
- Compliance and awareness with the TentLogix Health and Safety Program
Performing the duties of the job the employee will be required to:
- Walk and stand for 12+ hours per day
- Sit and ride in a vehicle for 3+ hours per day
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly
- Use hands and handle objects
- Reach with hands and arms
- Balance, stoop, kneel
- Talk and Hear
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The majority of the work is performed in the warehouse and, outside in the yard with exposure to hot, cold, rain and wind conditions. Usually, the noise level is moderate.
Job Performance Standards
The following is a comprehensive list of specific criteria which a person in the position will be measured and graded for their performance in this position for the purposes of performance reviews, merit increases and incentive compensation.
- Reliability and Punctuality to report to work on time and to work the whole day through until dismissed by your supervisor
- Advance notice given directly to your supervisor if you are unable to make it to work
- Attention to detail to ensure the quality of the job being performed
- Mutual respect shown to other staff members at all times
- Respect for company property and tools at al times
- Positive attitude towards work tasks, fellow employees, and supervisors/management
- Respect for customer property at all times as well as any interaction with the customer
- Maintains a clean and well groomed appearance
- Maintains control of offensive body odor (including nicotine odors)
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized working environment
- Follows all company policies as written in the employee handbook